FairEmail is easy to set up and works with Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo!
If you value your privacy, FairEmail may be for you.
FairEmail is simple to use, but if you’re looking for a very simple email program, FairEmail may not be the right choice.
FairEmail is an email-only client, so you must bring your own email address.
FairEmail does not support non-standard protocols such as Microsoft Exchange Web Services and Microsoft ActiveSync.
Almost all features are free to use, but not every feature can be free to maintain and support the app in the long run. See below for a list of Pro features.
A lot of effort has gone into this app designed to help you protect your privacy. If you have a question or problem, there is always support here [email protected]
* Full featured
* 100% open source
* Privacy oriented
* Unlimited accounts
* Unlimited email addresses
* Unified inbox (optionally accounts or folders)
* Topic of conversation
* Two-way synchronization
* Push notifications
* Offline storage and transactions
* General text style options (size, color, lists, etc.)
* Battery friendly
* Low data usage
* Small (~20 MB)
* Material design (including dark/black theme)
* Maintained and supported
This app is deliberately minimalist in design, so you can focus on reading and writing messages.
This app starts the service in the foreground with a low priority status bar notification to make sure you never miss new emails.
* Encryption/decryption support (OpenPGP, S/MIME)
* Reformat messages to prevent phishing
* Confirm showing images to prevent tracking
* Confirm opening links to prevent tracking and phishing
* Try to recognize and disable tracking images
* Warning when messages cannot be authenticated
* Quick installation
* Easy navigation
* No bells and whistles
* No distracting “eye candy”.
* No data storage on third party servers
* Using open standards (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, OpenPGP, S/MIME, etc.)
* Safe message view (style, script and unsafe HTML removed)
* Approve opened links, images and attachments
* No special permission is required
* No ads
* No analytics or tracking (includes bug reporting via Bugsnag)
* No Google backup
* No Firebase Cloud Messaging
* FairEmail is the original work, not a fork or clone
* Fast and lightweight
* USE OF IMAP (push messages) is supported
* Built with the latest development tools and libraries
All pro features are convenience or advanced features.
* Account/identity/folder colors
* Colored stars
* Notification settings (sounds) for account/folder/sender (requires Android 8 Oreo)
* Configurable notification actions
* Snooze messages
* Send message after selected time
* Synchronization scheduling
* Response templates
* Accept / decline calendar invitations
* Add a message to the calendar
* Filter rules
* Automatic message classification
* Search index
* S/MIME token/encryption
* Biometric/PIN identification
* Message list widget
* Export settings
If you have a question or problem, check here first:
If you can’t find what you are looking for, please contact me [email protected] and I will try to help you.